How To Earn Money Writing Articles Online
How to earn money writing articles online
When you first learned that there is opportunity to write and submit articles and blog posts for money, you probably began to envision money coming into your PayPal or checking out daily, quickly! Getting started in the world of online blogging and article writing isn’t as simple as some like to suggest it is, but, it isn’t as hard as you could have imagined.
Online sites are available that pay for nearly every level of writing; and there is always another tier for you to advance to as you become faster, clearer, and better with your writing.
Find a site that works for you
Article writing: The first step is to find a site that accepts the articles you write. Some sites will have you post a trial article to determine if you are the type of writer (quality and subject) that they are interested in and are willing to provide you with an opportunity to share your work. You can start by becoming a freelance writer for online freelance sites like Odesk.com and Elance.com. You can look into selling your articles and blog posts for $5.00 on Fiverr.com. You can reach out to the bloggers that are in your niche and offer to be a guest blogger for them (at no cost); if accepted, the exposure will be excellent for you and your business.
And of course there is the option to create your own Blog site and gather a following around you before striking out for pay. Finding the solution that works best for you is the key to creating a stream of income to support your other ventures.
- If you are serious about ultimately making a living by writing, start TODAY and post your first blog post (i.e. set up a free account on IBOTOOLBOX.com, fill out your profile and post your first “PR” before the end of the day); and create a new post tomorrow, the next day, and every day here forward! After all, you’ve decided that blogging and article writing is for you! Right?! Then there are ZERO excuses to not start today and post everyday.
- While you are at it, read Donta Holliman’s PR where he writes about his daily routine and blogging is a key part of every day (http://www.ibosocial.com/swift79/pressrelease.aspx?prid=370944)
While some people begin to supplement or replace their income within a month or two, it’s not common. Start small with a few jobs and build up a reputation for honest work. You may need to start much lower than you anticipated, writing for barely above a few dollars an article. While there is no shame in starting for a low fee, be sure to request and expect a higher pay as your skill and experience increase.
Learning to write to specific markets
If you’re having trouble getting your writing accepted by editors or blog hosts it’s mostly likely not written for their market.
- Each editor or blogger has a specific audience they’re trying to target. Sometimes it’s better to find the market you naturally write to, rather than changing your writing style to match the markets.
- If you can’t find an editor or blog host interested in what you write about, then consider changing up how and what you write about so that your articles and blog posts will be accepted, posted, read, and ultimately begin to earn you the money and success that you desire.
How to write on the web
Writing on the web is different than school or print. The content must be produced quickly and constantly updated to encourage viewers. That being said many bloggers/authors have several writers under them creating content for them to publish. These are called ghost writers (which itself might be another avenue to pursue).
- If you want to write for the Web you need to write clearly and concisely. Use as little words as possible when writing and organize your thoughts under headers, sub headings, and bulleted points. The general rule is if you can make a paragraph a bulleted list, do it.
- You also need to read up on what SEO is and how to write for it. Everyone today wants SEO content and they are willing to pay more for it.
Building on your first success
After your first articles or blog posts are published build on that success by asking for recommendations and additional opportunities.Always ask for feedback.
- Look into software to help you improve your grammar and writing skills (even if you think yours are just fine already). You may want to take a writing class, attend online Webinars, and search out ebooks for your Kindle or iPad and teach yourself new writing styles.
You should always be proud of the work you created. Be sure to share the pieces you’re proud of and use them to secure more writing jobs.
Here’s to your success in article writing, blogging, and building your business, one article or blog post at a time!
Thanks for taking the time to read my post and for any comments and sharing that you may choose to do. Your time and feedback is always greatly appreciated.
Entrepreneur, Business Coach, Blogger
Thank you for visiting our website, we hope to see you again!Mike Conkey
Tiny URL for this post: